Become More Ambitious In 6 Steps!
Whenever I question about what I want to accomplish "next" in my life, my dad would always say, "Boy, if you were a millionaire and didn't have to worry about money, what would you do for a living?" My thought was always, "Nothing, I would be a millionaire!" I would never say that to him unless I wanted that old school glare from him that would burn through my soul. Seriously though, it is a great question: "If you were a millionaire or didn't have to worry about money, what would you do for a living?" Most of you already know that my ultimate passion is personal training. I've done it for over 20 years, and I seriously do not see myself ever stopping. It is my vocation, but at one point it was my ambition.
I've always had a "job" while trying to create, build, and own my own personal training studio. I would literally work a 40 hour a week job while training clients before and after hours. Slowly build the dream that only I saw. Even today, I am part-owner of a logistics company and I work 40 hours a week doing that as well. That doesn't stop me from doing what I love; what I was born to do. I get up at 2:30am most mornings to start my day training. I've done that for many years. I know that I have to because if I don't, my passion would never become a reality. I also know that to accomplish the thing(s) you love the most, one must work!
Here are some ways that I've used to become more ambitious:
1. Eliminate Negative Thoughts- I know what you're thinking, but this is possible!
2. Have You Heard This One? "Do not wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect"- There is no better time than now!
3. Stop Being a Baby- Nothing in this life comes easy. Accept that phrase, and work!
4. Use Your Imagination- It's your ambition; your goal. Don't put limits on it. Who cares what anyone thinks.
5. Don't Be Scared To Take Risks- One of my biggest fears before I die is regret.
6. Know You Got To Put In That Work! -Nuff said!
The photos above are a few pictures of my studio 5 years ago. A lot of people who saw it thought it was garbage; a joke; a hobby; a mess, and down right filth, but my ambition allowed me to ignore that hate. Those negative words from others allowed me to stay driven and focus on the task at hand. I used each one of the 6 ways I listed above to get through this time period, and I still use them today.
We all have dreams; we all have goals, and we all have ambitions in life. Go for it!