How To Become Physically And Mentally Stronger in 2020!
2020 is here! Your new goals were written down during the final months of 2019. You prepared yourself by buying that brand new planner; workout equipment, or gym membership. Heck, you even gave yourself that pep talk saying, "This is it! This is the year! Nothing is going to hold me back or bring me down. LET'S DO THIS!" Well, what if something unexpectedly tries to hold you back or bring you down? What do you do then?
Research conducted by The University of Scranton said only about 8% of people achieve their new year goals. It's been also noted that 55% of "new year" goals were fitness related such as exercising more, eating healthier, and getting out of financial debt, according to the science journal, "The Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin."
I've said this over and over again, we are human. We will have pitfalls; we will have difficulties, we will even have struggles. How do we stay on course? How do we stay pushing toward those goals?
Here are a few ways we can stay focused and consistent, no matter what life throws at us
1. Connect With others!- Surround yourself with people who elevate you, not undermine you.
2. Deal With Stress- Make sure you know what makes you stressed, how it affects your mind and body. Breathing techniques, relaxation and yoga can help you alleviate stress.
3. Take Care Of Yourself- We are not getting any younger, folks. Control what you can control. Eat better, exercise, drink water.
4. Plan Something Fun!- They say we spend at least 50% of our lives working a job. Think about that the next time you feel guilty about going on that vacation, or having a night out with your significant other, or friends.
5. Drink less alcohol and avoid drugs- Sometimes these things can be misused or even used as a crutch when something negative happens in your life.
6. Give Back- Do it for the simple fact that it will make you feel good. Whether it's helping out family, a friend, co-worker even someone you absolutely don't know on a personal basis.
7. Challenge Yourself- Learn a new skill!
Let's not assume that everything will go smooth, because it won't. Take this new year one day at a time. Set specific, obtainable goals. Use these and other tools to help you achieve your best year yet!