What do I know, right? I mean I've failed as much as I've succeeded. I've fallen on my face and I've quit. I've had hundred's of, "I'm going to start doing this now..." and didn't start at all. What's the secret? What's the secret to start a plan and implementing that plan, consistently. What's the secret to not quitting regardless if "life" get's in the way. It's easy to feel motivated while sitting on the couch wanting to do better for yourself, but when it's time to execute, we get comfortable and make a million excuses why NOT to do something.
I'm going to give you 5 ways to start your new fitness transformation right now. Now, are these ways 100% guaranteed? NO! You have to work, you have to sweat, you have to invest in your health. You have to make YOU a priority.
1. Make One Change At A Time. You've heard the saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day." That's the case with most things. Take baby steps. Set a plan of one baby step at a time. For instance, if you only drink 50 ounces of water in a day, set a goal to get to 75 ounces each day for a week. Get consistent with that then add another change. If you've never been to the gym before and you want to start working out don't assume you need to go 7 days a week in order to get to where you need to be. Remember, you haven't gone to the gym, so 2 days a week is a win. Do that for a couple of weeks then increase.
2. Find Something You Can Stick With You may try a new fitness program, because your friend does it and they seem to like it, or you may buy the hottest home fitness equipment to keep up with the Joneses. Regardless of what you decide, stick with a fitness plan that you know you can do consistently. It's OK to try different things to see if it works for you: weight training, HIIT, crossfit but really try to find the pros/cons for you in each then stick with the one you know you will enjoy.
3. Make New Habits Try to do things differently, get out of your comfort zone. If getting up earlier is hard for you, but you know you'll be more productive then set your alarm 30 minutes early. If you know you need to start eating breakfast in the morning, make it right before you go to bed the night before. This way all you will need to do is get it out of the refrigerator, or throw it in the microwave. Think of other healthy habits you can implement while getting rid of the bad habits you have now.
4. Know You Will Fall Nothing in life comes easy. To get anything you want worth having, you have to work for it. You will fall during this journey. You will want to quit during this journey, but always remember why you started. Remember why being healthier was important to you and why you were sitting on the couch saying you're going to do this. Also, imagine how good you will feel when you've accomplished your fitness goal
5. Buy A Journal Track your progress. Nothing is cooler then seeing where you were on Day 1 compared to where you are on Day 21. This will help you keep your motivation and will continue to keep you accountable.
I've given you only 5 ways folks, 5 ways to get a jump start on this awesome journey we call fitness. Remember, it takes about 30 days to create a habit. Do this consistently for 30 days and I bet you make some changes. Start investing in your life.